antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Toolbar, icon and data file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for Outlook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solaris01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Toolbar, icon and data file Reply with quote

Hello,

I have 3 problems with AntispamSniper for Outlook (I am an AntispamSniper user for TheBat since 1 year and I am fully satisfied):

1. Spam is marked as read but I still have a icon (an envelope) in the bottom right of the screen, telling me that I have an email.

2. Outlook does not save the position for the AntispamSniper toobar; each time I launch Outlook, the toolbar is under the Outlook toolbar (and not next to, has I wish).

3. When I launch Outlook, the mailer checks the data files for an error (something I never had before). Not each time, but often.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Toolbar, icon and data file Reply with quote

Solaris01 wrote:

1. Spam is marked as read but I still have a icon (an envelope) in the bottom right of the screen, telling me that I have an email.

Sorry, but Outlook always shows this icon and beeps, even if all received emails are marked as read or even deleted immediately. It is impossible to turn this off using the documented methods.

Solaris01 wrote:

2. Outlook does not save the position for the AntispamSniper toobar; each time I launch Outlook, the toolbar is under the Outlook toolbar (and not next to, has I wish).

This will be fixed in next version, thank you.

Solaris01 wrote:

3. When I launch Outlook, the mailer checks the data files for an error (something I never had before). Not each time, but often.

Could you please describe this more in detail? Please specify Outlook version and an exact text appearing on a dialog mentioned above.
Solaris01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

The message is ?Outlook Data File PST Not Closed Properly?.
The Outlook version is 12.0.6014.5000.
I have the xobni plugin, and also ?E-mail Follow-Up? plugin from Office-Addins.com

xobni and follow-up works well together without problems since 4 weeks for me.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solaris01 wrote:
The message is ?Outlook Data File PST Not Closed Properly?.
The Outlook version is 12.0.6014.5000.
I have the xobni plugin, and also ?E-mail Follow-Up? plugin from Office-Addins.com
xobni and follow-up works well together without problems since 4 weeks for me.

It looks like this is a well-known issue:
http://aspadvice.com/blogs/ssmith/archive/2007/05/14/Outlook-Data-File-PST-Not-Closed-Properly.aspx

Try to close Outlook manually before shutting down the computer, and wait for some time until Outlook will be closed completely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for Outlook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: