antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Works only in Testing mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyzerfool

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Works only in Testing mode Reply with quote

I'm running version 3.2.0.6 in The Bat version 4.1.11.

When I run normally it marks almost everything as ok (not spam), in the log, for the incorrectly classified emails, it says "White server: myserver.com".

I can't find that domain anywhere in my whitelist.

When I turn on testing mode it works perfectly and correctly identifies spam.

Has anyone else run into this before? Any suggestions?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason "White server" is assigned when the filtering mode for account on POP3 or IMAP tab is set to "Do not filter the messages received from this server" or "Filter messages on server by headers". In first case the plug-in classifies as non-spam all messages received from accounts having the same domain with account marked as "Do not filter..". In last case the plug-in filters only message headers, and classifies as non-spam with the reason "White server" the messages downloaded to email client.

To fix the problem change the filtering mode to "Filter messages on server, then on client" for problem accounts, on both POP3 and IMAP tabs of account settings in plug-in.
hyzerfool

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I did have "Filter Message on Client" on, but it looks like the mail server name didn't match what I had in my account settings (same IP but different name), so I guess the antispam was treating it as if there was no configuration for that account?

I did have Add New Accounts automatically, but I'm guessing that only applies when a new account is created.

I changed the mailserver settings to match each other and it seems to be working now.

Thanks!

doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: