antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Antispamsniper is compatible with Win7 64 bits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revelli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Antispamsniper is compatible with Win7 64 bits? Reply with quote

Hi,

I just migrated to a new machine (Win 7 Premium 64 bits) and installed the new Christmas version of The Bat and your plugin.

Antispamsniper recognized perfectly its old accounts (I moved the directory as you suggested).

The problem is it doesn't work:

- I cannot check mail anymore

- the Bat become very very slow (I have an i7 and 6 giga of ram!)

- and even if I shut down completely the Bat it's always present of the windows tasks manager

I just uninstalled it and everything work again.

Your plugin is compatible with win7 64 bits? Do I have something to modify?

Thanks
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no known incompatibilities with Windows 7 x64. Please do the following:
- Try to delete all items from the list on Accounts tab. The plug-in will add them automatically during checking mail.
- Make sure that Windows Firewall allows access to local port 40000 for TheBat.exe. This port is used by the plug-in for filtering IMAP and message headers via POP3. Allow full access to private and public networks for TheBat.exe.
- Check that TheBat.exe has read/write privileges for the plug-in configuration folder under your account. Do not use the subfolders of Program Files for storing the modifiable files. Program Files and its subfolders are read-only by default for generic user accounts on Vista and Windows 7.

If nothing helps, delete the configuration folder of the plug-in and try to run it with default settings.
revelli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I deleted all items from the list on Accounts tab: no results

- I allowed full access to private and public networks for TheBat.exe: no results

- I am less sure about the third point. The plugin .TBP is under program files but all the other files are under a subfolder of My documents. So it should be ok isn't it?

What do you mean by " delete the configuration folder of the plug-in". I have to delete all the training done, the white list, black list....etc? Sad

I hope we can find another solution because it's very long to create again all that.

I don't know if it helps but The Bat is so slow with the plugin that I cannot even delete it from the bat options. The solution I found is to unplug the Internet connection and then it's quite fast again and I can delete the plugin. This should mean that the plugin is trying to send or receive, without success, huge amount of data
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent additional information to your mailbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: