antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Whitelist Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimKyle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Whitelist Rules Reply with quote

I've configured TB to leave large messages on the server and just notify me about them, since more than 99% of those I receive are spam. However the Sniper insists on putting these notifications into the Junk folder.

I've attempted to add a whitelist rule to guarantee that the messages remain in the account folder so that I can deal with them and not have the possibility of overlooking them in the flood of spam stuff I receive, but so far it does not appear to be working.

The specific rule is: STRONG Header(Subject)=" LARGE MESSAGE

I've also tried using the From header line but it did not work either. What am I doing wrong here?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Whitelist Rules Reply with quote

JimKyle wrote:
I've configured TB to leave large messages on the server and just notify me about them, since more than 99% of those I receive are spam. However the Sniper insists on putting these notifications into the Junk folder.

I've attempted to add a whitelist rule to guarantee that the messages remain in the account folder so that I can deal with them and not have the possibility of overlooking them in the flood of spam stuff I receive, but so far it does not appear to be working.

The specific rule is: STRONG Header(Subject)=" LARGE MESSAGE

I've also tried using the From header line but it did not work either. What am I doing wrong here?

I don't see anything wrong with the rule. Of course, in case if the subjects in notifications have such substring indeed. You can test the rule on existing messages in testing mode (see the manual for more info about it). Specifically, look at the Reason field of the corresponding log records.

The white rules are executed first in a chain of other filters and thereby using a white rule in your case is a right decision. Maybe something wrong with the search pattern you use in the rule. Make sure that the pattern really suits the signal substrings. E.g. you can check that the pattern doesn't contain any invisible symbols, like tabulations or odd spaces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: