antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Spam Checking Dialog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryJH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Spam Checking Dialog Reply with quote

Hi

I've noticed when ASS is checking my mail on the TheBat that ASS reports it is deleting messages, for instance this morning it reported that it had deleted 55 out of 150 messages.

Thing is, when I check the log I can see no reference to these supposedly deleted emails and in my junk folder on TheBat I can only see about 10 junk messages.

I wondered how I can find out what and where these deleted messages are?

This particular account is a POP3 account.

I am using the latest version of both programs.

Best regards
Barry
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dialog shows a progress of blocking spam on server by message headers. By default the messages classified as 100% spam by header stay blocked on the server for some time before deletion (specified by a parameter in Filtering log settings), i.e. TheBat cannot download them. The appropriate records in Filtering log have status "Classified as Spam by header". It is possible to restore any blocked message while there is an appropriate record in Filtering log.
BarryJH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I understand that, but checking my log for this morning I only have about 10 messages that are classified as spam by header and can be undeleted, I have a large number of messages just "Classified as Spam" but these cannot be undeleted all of these have the "Thumbs down" icon. There are an even larger number with a percentage classification that TheBat deals with according to the plugin settings.

So I'm still not clear why the dialog reports about 40-odd messages as being deleted and I am slightly concerned as to where these messages have gone!

Thanks
Barry
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every message classified as spam by header appears in Filtering log. So if you really saw in checking dialog that some messages were classified as spam by header, there must be records with appropriate status in filtering log.
BarryJH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I fully understand the theory but I am in no doubt that this morning ASS reported in the spam checking dialog that 55 messages were deleted and the log definitely reports only 10 messages classified as spam by header.

So now that I understand how it is meant to work I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks
Barry
BarryJH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I'm beginning to get there...

It appears that the 'problem' was with an IMAP account. ASS is/was placing the suspect emails in a folder called "Junk mail" to which I wasn't subscribed. At the moment this folder contains 8068 emails! So I'm doing a bit of housekeeping.

What I don't understand is that in my IMAP settings for this account I have the Junk folder named as "Junk". This is the folder I am subscribed to which probably explains why I wasn't seeing all this spam.

Where could ASS have got the folder name "Junk mail" from I wonder?

Regards
Barry
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For IMAP accounts the plug-in creates a folder on the server with default name "Junk". It is possible to change this name on IMAP tab of account settings in plug-in. Also on this tab you can specify a separate spam ratio limit and the list of IMAP folders to exclude from filtering.
BarryJH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but that doesn't explain why all the junk mail is being placed in the folder "Junk mail"

Barry
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you mark the messages as spam in IMAP folders, TheBat moves them to local "Junk mail" folder. TheBat creates it automatically. But this folder is local, managed by TheBat itself, and the plug-in cannot use it.
truman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a false positive, other well-known antiviruses detect nothing. You can ignore it or add the file to whitelist. The previous virus definitions in TrendMicro also detected nothing in files, so apparently the false positive appeared only in latest versions of TM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: