antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Is there some sort of a manual?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> General questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fledermaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Is there some sort of a manual? Reply with quote

I just bought AntiSpamSniper Pro for The Bat! after many months with the free version. The first thing I did was fiddle with the options just to learn that "drop SSL connections" denies me to connect to my webspace provider's TLS-protected e-mail server any longer.

Is there some manual about the effects of all options or will I have to continue to "try and fail"?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see the errors related to SSL in TheBat log. The issues can occur in some cases with SSL certificates.

If the default method for filtering SSL doesn't work, try to install root certificate of the plug-in as described here:
http://antispamsniper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=504

Filtering SSL connection is used to block spam by headers for SSL protected accounts. It is possible to turn off this feature on Accounts tab in plug-in settings (checkbox "Filter SSL protected connections"). In this case all mail for SSL accounts will be downloaded and filtered locally, but without any issues with SSL.
Fledermaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Let me see the errors related to SSL in TheBat log. The issues can occur in some cases with SSL certificates.

(Well, my The Bat! is German; I'll try to translate and explain.)

First it acted like there was no certificate installed at all:

Quote:
!03.12.2013, 22:14:38: IMAP - TLS-Handshakefehler. Ung?ltiges Serverzertifikat (Der Aussteller dieser Zertifikatskette wurde nicht gefunden)

("Invalid server certificate (the owner of this certificate chain was not found)")

After restarting The Bat!, it completely wrecked up, I could not even connect anymore:

Quote:
!05.12.2013, 17:49:27: IMAP - TLS-Handshakefehler. Ung?ltiges Serverzertifikat (Dem Aussteller dieses Zertifikates fehlt der Verwendungszweck "Zertifikat signieren" in seinem Zertifikat)

("TLS Handshake error. Invalid server certificate (The owner of this certificate lacks the purpose "Sign certificate" in his certificate)")

Whatever happened there. Disabling the "block SSL connections" checkbox in ASS (heh heh, that abbreviation...) fixed everything.

My provider uses a StartCom-derived certificate [1], maybe that's one possible source for the error. I could create you a test IMAP account if required.

vetaltm wrote:
If the default method for filtering SSL doesn't work, try to install root certificate of the plug-in as described here:

I already had that.

[1]: uberspace.de/dokuwiki/mail:dovecot#zertifikatswarnung
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fledermaus wrote:
vetaltm wrote:

I already had that.

[1]: uberspace.de/dokuwiki/mail:dovecot#zertifikatswarnung

The plug-in replaces certificates during filtering SSL. If you want to allow the plug-in to filter SSL connections, make sure all steps from the specified forum topic are done.
Fledermaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, what's the difference between the two AntiSpamSniper certificates?

I added it now. It seems to have worked now (the errors are gone). I wish the plug-in would inform the user about that without forcing him to go through a forum in a strange language. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> General questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: