antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

AntispamSniper delteting messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimindt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: AntispamSniper delteting messages Reply with quote

I've recently installed the software, and I've been training it.

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell it that something is 'HAM' that it insists on continuing to delete it and put it into the Trash.

In fact, the confirmation message to sign up for this forum ended up deleted.

I checked and here's what is set:
The Out of 100 score is set to Average
Delete a message is NOT checked
Move a message to the Junk folder is set to 60

What needs to be done to cure this problem? If it can't be fixed, I'm not sure that I want to pay for something which can't be trained.

Running Bat 5.8.8 on Windows 7
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is necessary to look at the appropriate records in filtering log of the plug-in. The fields Status and Reason contain the information about the classification result. If a message is blocked with 100% spam ratio, the field Reason contain the exact method which classified it as spam.
jimindt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They mystery continues.

Here's two recent emails which got deleted/put into the Trash Folder, and should have been handled by filters I have set up.

The log for one says "Classified as Ham" in the status field, and in the Reason field it says "Friendly address:"

The log for the other also says "Classified as Ham" in the Status field, and in the Reason field it says "Friendly address:"

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what the explantions infer, neither should have been put into the Trash Folder.

If it's going to delete messages it considers "Ham," it isn't working.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in only classifies messages and returns spam ratio to TheBat. Then TheBat moves the messages having a high spam ratio to junk folder according to anti-spam settings. It looks like something is wrong with the second step.
- Check the account log in TheBat by clicking on the status string at the bottom of TheBat window. It displays the actions applied to received messages, including moving the email to different folders. Probably it is possible to find the issue using this log.
- Check the integrity of TheBat folders using Folder | Maintenance Center.
- If nothing helps, it makes sense to contact Ritlabs support, because moving messages is a feature of TheBat.
jimindt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't get it. A huge percentage (75%?) of emails today ALL got dumped into the Trash mailbox. Of those which got dumped into Trash, perhaps a half dozen had a Classification above 10% - 15%, most well below that threshold.

It also almost looks like anything which I hadn't already set up a filter for got tossed into the Trash

Why would the Bat take a low classification percentage and throw the emails into the Trash?

You're talking about The Bat's log? It only goes back a couple of hours. And it shows that those emails which I had filters set up for got processed as I expected.
jimindt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if I reinstall it and start training it all over again? Does it delete all those old files and start with a blank slate?
jimindt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran Maintenance on the Folders. The only Folders with any kind of problems were Sent Folders
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please contact Ritlabs support. The plug-in doesn't move messages, it is a feature of TheBat itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: