antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

White list - dealing with the "name" field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sh4dow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: White list - dealing with the "name" field Reply with quote

I'm currently testing this plugin and one thing I have to say I don't like a bit is that when addresses get added to the white list, the name is stored as well.
So if the sender sends from different devices/apps that use different names, the email will still be categorized as spam.

Since I don't want to regularly go through the whitelist and edit all names to "*", since I only find the addresses of interest, I wonder whether there's an option somewhere that I'm simply unable to find where one can choose to ignore the name stored in the whitelist or have it default to *.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an option that control the described behavior: Filtering | Training | Use display names during checking the whitelist. This option is disabled by default, so the names are not used. The plug-in can skip using whitelist in some cases, when there are signs of forged sender address (email spoofing). In such cases it is possible to use white rules instead of whitelist of addresses. The rules are never skipped.
sh4dow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you but there recently was also a case where an email got filtered as spam even though the sender was in my white list. Which is why I'll likely won't buy a license for this plugin (the trial expired a few days ago and this happened 2-3 days before it did).
aho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree with the thread starter !

Even more, I consider including the "name" does not make sense at all.

I really was confused why the blacklist does not work. until I realised I need to leave the "name" field blank.

And further, including the "name" field when importing the Bat! addressbook makes this option rather useless !

The name field should by default always be "*" - or remove this competely !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: