antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Black words edit list
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paolo73an

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimKyle wrote:
If you want to keep using two plug-ins, set the option to use Maximum rather than Minimum score. The way your screen shot shows things, if either one of the plug-ins failed to score the message above 75, it would not go to the junk folder even though the Sniper scored it at 91%. Setting it to use Maximum rather than minimum, then if either one did score above 75, the message would go to junk. I suspect that this is the whole basis of your problem!!

OK I've set as you said but the main problem is that messages aren't classified as expected with black rules set.....
Even today in the log panel, four messages, each with subject:
- PHfyyARMA
- PHldfARMA
- PHldfARMA
- PHfyyARMA
weren't classified as spam even if I've set the following black rule:

STRONG Header{Subject} =~ PH[\d\w\s]{1,}?RMA

Isn't it good?
First I put STRONG Header{Subject} =~ PH.*RMA but someone in the forum said it was not good.
Could please someone tell me if I have to change something in my black rule definition??
thanks
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paolo73an wrote:
JimKyle wrote:
If you want to keep using two plug-ins, set the option to use Maximum rather than Minimum score. The way your screen shot shows things, if either one of the plug-ins failed to score the message above 75, it would not go to the junk folder even though the Sniper scored it at 91%. Setting it to use Maximum rather than minimum, then if either one did score above 75, the message would go to junk. I suspect that this is the whole basis of your problem!!

OK I've set as you said but the main problem is that messages aren't classified as expected with black rules set.....
Even today in the log panel, four messages, each with subject:
- PHfyyARMA
- PHldfARMA
- PHldfARMA
- PHfyyARMA
weren't classified as spam even if I've set the following black rule:

STRONG Header{Subject} =~ PH[\d\w\s]{1,}?RMA

Isn't it good?
First I put STRONG Header{Subject} =~ PH.*RMA but someone in the forum said it was not good.
Could please someone tell me if I have to change something in my black rule definition??
thanks

There was a six-months-old bug in rules, that blocked working of conditions with the first capital letter. All your patterns have capital 'P' at the beginning and that is the problem. If you replace it with a small 'p', then the rules will work properly. The text is transformed to lower case before checking, and the patterns too (except the first letter due to bug in 1.6.7 and lower), so using the capital letters in patterns doesn't make sense anyway.

The bug is fixed in version 1.6.7.2, please update the plug-in.
paolo73an

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since version 1.6.7.2 all problems are gone and black rules work finally well....great work!
paolo73an

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paolo73an wrote:
Since version 1.6.7.2 all problems are gone and black rules work finally well....great work!

And about the syntax, it wasn't true the black rule:

Header{Subject} =~ PH.*RMA

was wrong. Now with new version of ASS, the rule as above correctly filters the messages corresponding to the criterion
So the syntax was good, it was the plugin which didn't correctly filter messages.
Now from version 1.6.7.2 everything runs fine....
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paolo73an wrote:
paolo73an wrote:

And about the syntax, it wasn't true the black rule:

Header{Subject} =~ PH.*RMA

was wrong. Now with new version of ASS, the rule as above correctly filters the messages corresponding to the criterion
So the syntax was good, it was the plugin which didn't correctly filter messages.
Now from version 1.6.7.2 everything runs fine....

The condition syntax is correct and the rule will filter the variants of PHARMACY well. But this rule may filter the good messages too. For example, the subject "Photos of Parma" completely suits your rule. The expression ".*" matches any number of any symbols, including spaces, tabulations etc. That is why it is more safe to specify additional limitations in patterns. For example, the following pattern looks similar, but it is more safe because it limits the number of internal symbols:
Header{Subject} =~ PH.{1,3}RMA

Additionally, you can specify the border markers in pattern:
Header{Subject} =~ \bPH.{1,3}RMA

All variants of PHARMACY starts from "PH". So searching for some word limit before that symbols is reasonable, because it protects from possible mistakes in general case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: