antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Deletes Spam - Does not move it to JUNK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calisto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Deletes Spam - Does not move it to JUNK! Reply with quote

Hi there,

AntiSpamSniper does quite a good job detecting spam, but it does delete it right away, and is NOT moving to the JUNK folder.

I'm running Version 6.8.8 (64-bit) of "The Bat!" with IMAP accounts. AntiSpamSniper plugin is 3.3.2.5

In the plug-in's account settings, I set it to move spam to a folder named "JUNK". This folder is present on my accounts.

And when I get a new mail and click on "Mark as Spam", it does indeed put the related mail into the JUNK folder. However, when AntiSpamSniper does the job on its own, it deletes all mails classified as spam.

So... to find out what mails were classified as spam, I need to open the log. When I see a mail in that log that was wrongfully classified as spam, I will have to undelete that message and re-import it into The Bat! (marking it as non-spam before). The plug-in is unusable with this setting, as it causes even more work than to delete spam mails manually. Please help!
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Select your IMAP account in TheBat, click "Manage IMAP folders" item from context menu, make sure that all folders are selected, then press OK. By default the plug-in moves IMAP spam to a folder "Junk". It is possible to change this name in account options on Accounts tab of the plug-in settings. The folder is created automatically before moving there a first spam message. So to see the new folder it is necessary to update the list of folders in TheBat interface.
Calisto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vetaltm,

thanks for your swift help. My problem is solved now. It had two reasons:

A) I already had a "Junk" folder. On the main page it appeared as "Junk", while in the "Manage IMAP folder" it appeared as $JUNK$ (probably it was auto-generated by some other app on the server).

B) In "Manage IMAP folder" your new "Junk" folder (which was also designated just as "Junk" in the tab), wasn't selected as subscribed. Which is why I couldn't see the spam moved to that folder (plus, I also expected it to go to the other folder... see A).

Anyway, it's fixed now. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: