antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Sniper does nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatespam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Sniper does nothing Reply with quote

Installed "AntispamSniper for TheBat 3.3.3.1", version of October 18, 2016 on TheBat Pro version 6.8.8(64 bit), Windows 10-64.
Clicking 'Mark' button builds black list and moves msg to a different "Junk mail" folder for each account. Filters NOTHING.
Same old spammers, plus various newbies, keep flooding my several accounts.
No response from support@antispamsniper.com or contact@antispamsniper.com.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is necessary to enable moving spam to a separate folder in TheBat Preferences:
ChristopherM

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Antispamsniper not working Reply with quote

I have the same problem with Antispamsniper not working. Because of various issues I had to re-install The Bat, restore my emails from a backup, and reinstall Antispamsniper. I have added my main account in the accounts section and set up the other parameters. If I mark as junk then it appears in the log as learned as spam, and all my "Good" emails also appear in the log as learned as ham, but new spam does not get filtered despite being on the blacklist.

I have recently installed a new version of Kaspersky which caused problems with The Bat receiving emails and I wondered if they are connected - but Kaspersky does not see Antispamsniper as a program.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Antispamsniper not working Reply with quote

ChristopherM wrote:
I have the same problem with Antispamsniper not working.

If you have POP3 accounts, see the solution above.

In case of IMAP it is necessary to enable filtering SSL connections on Accounts tab in plug-in settings, and import root certificate to avoid warnings in TheBat:
http://antispamsniper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=700
ChristopherM

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. I followed it to successfully install the root certificate (was getting an error before) but I still have the issue - Antispamsniper does not block any emails even when the addresses are in the blacklist. When I look at the log the only Learned as Spam emails are the ones I manually flag although curiously there are one or two (but my no means all) good emails categorised as Learned as Ham - but it is possible that these too were ones I manually flagged. I have enabled filtering of SSL connections as suggested but still nothing. Is there any way I can test whether the account connection works in Antispamsniper?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that all checkboxes are enabled on Accounts tab in plug-in settings. Your IMAP accounts must appear in the appropriate list on the same tab.
ChristopherM

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally found what the issue was and Antispamsniper is now working. When I added my main email account I entered the email address in lower case but in the account setup in The Bat it has some letters capitalised. I copied and pasted from The Bat and bingo - it works! I had thought previously that I might have mistyped the password since you enter it only once and you cannot see it but s I tried re-entering it 3 times I don't think this was the cae.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: