antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Chart details STILL not showing :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwakeford

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Chart details STILL not showing :-( Reply with quote

I've just installed 1.6.7.3 and have had the same problems as last time. When I install to Voyager all settings are kept but, when installing to The Bat! I lose my chart and am also asked to enter my registration again.

I have exactly the same directory structure in both Voyager and The Bat! so I'm at a total loss as to why this should happen. If it happened to both then I could understand it but not like this. Both directories are:

TheBat/AntispamSniper

Should be simple Sad

Richard
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Chart details STILL not showing :-( Reply with quote

rwakeford wrote:
I've just installed 1.6.7.3 and have had the same problems as last time. When I install to Voyager all settings are kept but, when installing to The Bat! I lose my chart and am also asked to enter my registration again.

I have exactly the same directory structure in both Voyager and The Bat! so I'm at a total loss as to why this should happen. If it happened to both then I could understand it but not like this. Both directories are:

TheBat/AntispamSniper

Should be simple Sad

Sorry, but this version still doesn't work correctly in case when installation directory and configuration directory are the same. I decided to release it ASAP, without some planned features, because it contains important bugfixes.

Go to configuration window -> Options and look at the "Base directory" field. This folder must not be the same with the installation directory. Just install the plug-in into some different folder and the problem will never happen again.
rwakeford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, but this version still doesn't work correctly in case when installation directory and configuration directory are the same. I decided to release it ASAP, without some planned features, because it contains important bugfixes.

I'm sorry but I don't understand about the base directory and the configuration directory and what the difference is between them. All I did when installing was to change the name of the installation (base?) directory but I never got asked for any other directory and never have been. Nor have there been instructions to set s different folder for configuration.

Does it mean that, under my installation directory of "The Bat!/AntispamSniper" I should make another for the "Configuration" and, if so, does the programme automatically copy the settings across to the new folder or do you have to manually do it?

Finally, as I've said before, why does it work perfectly with Voyager and not with The Bat using the same folder structure?

Richard
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwakeford wrote:
Quote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand about the base directory and the configuration directory and what the difference is between them. All I did when installing was to change the name of the installation (base?) directory but I never got asked for any other directory and never have been. Nor have there been instructions to set s different folder for configuration.

Does it mean that, under my installation directory of "The Bat!/AntispamSniper" I should make another for the "Configuration" and, if so, does the programme automatically copy the settings across to the new folder or do you have to manually do it?

Finally, as I've said before, why does it work perfectly with Voyager and not with The Bat using the same folder structure?

Richard

The installation directory is a folder, where you've installed the plug-in files. You can select it on the second page of installator.

The configuration (base) directory is a folder for storing the plug-in settings. This folder can be different for different OS users. By default the plug-in stores the configuration files in "MAIL\AntispamSniper", where "MAIL" - is the folder for storing TheBat settings and mailboxes. But the default value can be changed from the plug-in Options page.

These two folders must not be the same. Please, install the plug-in again, but select the different folder on the second page of installator. That's all.
rwakeford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
These two folders must not be the same. Please, install the plug-in again, but select the different folder on the second page of installator. That's all.

I think I now have to hang my head in shame and grovel. When I first installed the programme on The Bat! I changed the name of the base directory to "AntispamSniper" and deleted the /mail/ bit before it, thinking that I wanted it to be installed in my main The Bat! folder which is different to my mail folder. I have to say though that I have never seen wording to say, in the installation, that the configuration files should be in a separate folder to the programme files.

When I installed Voyager it must have remembered the name of the folder being just "AntispamSniper" and it put it in the Mail directory so that's why it worked ok. It all boils down to me wanting to change the name of the folder but I think it should be made clearer, in the installation, that the installation and configuration folders cannot be the same.

Otherwise thanks for your patience in helping me get it sorted. I did have to copy my files across to my /Mail directory to get it all working and, again there's no chart. However I hope, now that the settings are right, I'll have my chart details from now on.

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: