antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

AntispamSniper 3.3.4.3/3.3.4.4 doesn't filter in TheBat! x64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: AntispamSniper 3.3.4.3/3.3.4.4 doesn't filter in TheBat! x64 Reply with quote

Hello,

recently I switched from TheBat! x32 to x64. Installed the x64 Antispam Sniper Plugin - plugin seems running but doesn't filter zilch.
When I mark messages as spam, it processes them, but still doesn;t actively filter anything.

I also have trouble changing the data folder (which I started trying ain an attempt to have it start with fresh data in case the x32 data were to be incompatible with the x64 build).

Is there any magic, any caveats I missed when switching from x32 plugin to x64? Are there any logs that may help investigatinv possible causes?

Thank you for any hint!
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that moving classified spam messages to junk folder is enabled in TheBat preferences:

If the settings are correct, check also the plug-in's filtering log. If all messages are classified as 100% non-spam there must be a reason specified in the appropriate field.
kleena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Make sure that moving classified spam messages to junk folder is enabled in TheBat preferences:in the appropriate field.

Oh crap, that seems to have been simple, thank you!

I didn't think about checking or changing those settings because I didn't notice any other settings change between the TheBat! versions. But the "Move to spam" item really was unchecked in x64.

One question about the general workings of the communication between the spam plugin and TheBat! - is the pugin reporting the score to TheBat! internally, or marking it in the mails' headers where I can maybe check it later?

Thank you one more time and have a nice day!
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleena wrote:

One question about the general workings of the communication between the spam plugin and TheBat! - is the pugin reporting the score to TheBat! internally, or marking it in the mails' headers where I can maybe check it later?

TheBat calls the plug-in for each downloaded message for classification, and decides what to do with the message immediately after receiving a spam score. If the score is greater than limit specified in Anti-spam preferences, it moves the message to junk folder. The message headers are not modified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: