antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Strange problem with Sniper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grzezoch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Strange problem with Sniper Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm using Antispam Sniper over one year (with The Bat 9.3.3, Sniper 3.4.6) and suddenly, 2 days ago The Bat stopped receiving emails. It was very strange. I have defined some email accounts and no one get emails. I checked, new emails are on server. I tried use telnet to checked emails and it works fine (port 110 is open). I installed other email client and it works. I tried to use The Bat Voyager and it NOT works, the same way as The Bat. I turned off Windows Defender Firewall - it didn't help. I scan whole disks with antivirus - no viruses.

I installed new version of The Bat (10.0.10) and first time after installation emails were received. I didn't know that problem is with Sniper, then I suppose it stopped again after connecting new version with Sniper. Now emails are received if I delete Sniper and is blocked if I turn it on.

I run Wire Shark to check, what is going on Ethernet level. If Sniper is on, sometimes there are DNS packets with answers and nothing more. Next time there is no one packet on Ethernet level when I try to receive emails. If Sniper is off, I can recognise all proper POP3 packets.

The same behavior is with using The Bat Voyager with Antispam Sniper. But, if I run The Bat Voyager on second computer it works fine. Only on this particular computer doesn't. I installed new version of Sniper. Nothing helps.

Have you any idea, what can I check more?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to disable blocking spam by headers (checkbox "Block spam by message headers..." on Accounts tab of plug-in settings). IMAP is not filtered in this case, and blocking spam by headers also doesn't work. All mail is downloaded and filtered locally. But there are no compatibility issues with antiviruses and other network filtering software, which is probably the reason of described issues.
grzezoch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I did it... and it helps. I'm surprised. Especially I don't know what was changed 2 days ago.

Anyway, you saved my life. Best regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: