antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Unable to save the settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> General questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Unable to save the settings Reply with quote

I have tried installing the free version of Antispamsniper and also
the trial commercial version (1.7.0.Cool.

Each time I exit The Bat (Version 3.95.6) after adding the plug-in to Options, Preferences, Anti-spam, I keep getting the error message:
"Unable to save the settings".
What am I doing wrong?

--
Regards,
allgo
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to save the settings Reply with quote

This alert appears when the plug-in is unable to write to its configuration files. The full path to configuration folder (where the plug-in stores all its data) you can find on Options page, in the field "Base directory". Check that this folder exists and the used OS account has appropriate read/write rights for it. If the folder doesn't exist, then you can create it or change the path on Options page to another location.
allgo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your swift responsse.
I have spent more time uninstalling and re-installing antispamsniper (each time to a different folder), and still get the 'unable to save...' .

I have TheBat in C:\ProgramFiles, but the emails are written to D:\documents\email.

As regards permission to write, I have administrator rights.

One more question before I take a few weeks off (major renovations on hand): could there be some sort of conflict with Google desktop, which I use to index my email? [The Google plug-in is labelled as 'anti-spam' under the heading 'scope', to be found in the _second_ plug-in under 'Preferences'.]

--
TIA
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allgo wrote:

I have TheBat in C:\ProgramFiles, but the emails are written to D:\documents\email.

As regards permission to write, I have administrator rights.

By default the plug-in creates a subfolder in TheBat storage directory with the name AntispamSniper. E.g. in your case it will be D:\documents\email\AntispamSniper. The exact path you can find in field "Base directory" on Options page of the plug-in configuration window. Check that this folder exists and the user Administrator, or any other you use, have read/write permissions on that folder.

allgo wrote:

One more question before I take a few weeks off (major renovations on hand): could there be some sort of conflict with Google desktop, which I use to index my email? [The Google plug-in is labelled as 'anti-spam' under the heading 'scope', to be found in the _second_ plug-in under 'Preferences'.]

No, probably it is not the reason. Most likely the plug-in cannot create its folder because of some issues with the file system permissions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> General questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: