antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

AntiSpamSniper does not filter automatically

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steinspieler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: AntiSpamSniper does not filter automatically Reply with quote

Hello,

I have theBat! Version 8.8.9 64bit and AntiSpamSniper version 3.3.3.9 in the unregistered version.
AntiSpamSniper does not filter the mail automatically when starting the program, only if I select them individually and click "Filter selected Messages".

What do I have to set to allow AntiSpamSniper to automatically move spam to the junk folder?

On my screen video you can see exactly what I mean ...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1ZvnUHaBfHTq/

Kind regards[/url]
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like IMAP protocol is used by your account. In this case it is necessary to enable all checkboxes on Accounts tab in plug-in settings and import root certificate for filtering SSL as described here:
http://antispamsniper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=700
Steinspieler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think I followed everything.
Without results! Sad

Why does AntiSpamSniper need Server access?
Why certificates?
I only need AntiSpamSniper locally in theBat!

It is IMHO complicated and a little unfashionable. ;-(

Is there no step by step instructions for theBat! + AntiSpamSniper + IMAP

best regards

vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With IMAP protocol the messages are stored on the server. By default TheBat loads only message headers, and doesn't allow filtering them for antispam plug-ins even after loading the full message body. This is why the plug-in uses a workaround with accessing IMAP server and filtering the unread messages using own account settings. If IMAP account was added on Accounts tab in plug-in settings automatically, it means that the new account messages must appear in Filtering log. And classified spam should be moved automatically to IMAP folder specified in plug-in settings for account on IMAP tab (the default name is Junk).

If this looks too complicated, it makes sense to switch to POP3. In this case the downloaded mail is filtered locally using standard TheBat features.
Steinspieler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

That was very well explained, now I have also recognized the problem, thank you!

My mail main accounts are GMAIL and STRATO accounts and I had to manually enter them in the AntiSpamSniper settings because they were not added automatically.

Similar to "glomme"
http://antispamsniper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=774
These accounts are not filtered even if you switch to "standard" connections. The certificate is not transferred.

For my IMAP GMX accounts the filtering works, these accounts were automatically entered into the configuration and the certificate is transmitted:

------------
> 27.07.2019, 20:30:52: IMAP - Root: "EN", "root.antispamsniper.com" Valid from 18.11.2008 06:09:41 to 13.11.2028 06:09:41.
------------

A conversion to the old POP3 format is out of the question.
There seems to be no way for AntispamSniper + theBat! + IMAP Gmail and SSL connection, right?

best regards
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmail IMAP accounts with TLS protocol using the default port 993 are added and used automatically. Try to restart TheBat if the IMAP connection was established before enabling SSL filtering in plug-in settings.
Steinspieler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think I did everything as you said, but the Gmail account is not automatically included. The certificate will not be transmitted even if I insert the Gmail account by hand in the account settings.
Please watch my screen video on :

https://www.bitchute.com/video/eKCFUDRwJYKi/

best regards
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to disable "Check mailbox at startup" checkbox on Options tab in Accounts settings of TheBat. Probably the connection is established before loading the plug-in.
Steinspieler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

First of all thank you for your tireless help.

I will not continue to configure the GMAIL accounts but I have spent a lot of time there and it is not to be seen that it will work fine with me.

I do not know where the error lies, but today found that the PluIn does not work reliably with me, as you can see on the ScreenShot.

Thanks again and best regards

DarumaAS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject: Thanx for the Awesome Walkthrough Reply with quote

I had the same problem with IMAP not automatically filtering when evaluating the program.
Almost gave up on it.
Works now but was quite challenging wouldn't have made it without the info.

This thread should be at least a sticky even better the info should be in the Help pages.

But all is well that ends well -
will buy a license now -
filtering features work great

Cheers
Sebastian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: