antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

No ASS filtering at all on certain accounts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hefty Hippie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: No ASS filtering at all on certain accounts? Reply with quote

Apologies if this is a daft question.

I have several email accounts in TB that I'd prefer to totally remove from ASS's filtering (client and server) but cannot fathom how to do this.

For instance :-
I have an email address that is web-exposed as it is the email address for the Admin of a web site that I run and, as such, the email address is used for a mailto link on the site.
However, since it was obvious that this address would attract SPAM, I also coded the mailto link to generate a certain subject line and configured TB filters to delete mails that did not have exactly that subject line. This worked very well, on that account, until I installed ASS.
As it stands at the moment, ASS grabs incoming emails before TB filters are applied and, in this case, I'd prefer it if this did not happen.

Please don't get me wrong here, ASS is a very worthy addition to my (and, I would imagine, anyone's) anti-SPAM 'arsenal' but, in this case, it is not what I want.

Any tips or suggestions?

My thanks in advance,

HH
JimKyle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try creating a "white rule" to accept all messages addressed to that Email address. This will keep the Sniper from processing them, and then your filter in TheBat! will do what it used to do.
Hefty Hippie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Many thanks for that.

I read your reply then opened ASS while rules configuration and realised just how simple it was - I should have thought of that earlier Embarassed

I now have 'STRONG Header{To} =~ xxxx@yyyy.com' as a white rule and everything seems to be working perfectly.

HH
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hefty Hippie wrote:
I now have 'STRONG Header{To} =~ xxxx@yyyy.com' as a white rule and everything seems to be working perfectly.

Adding the following two rules will make it work more correctly:
STRONG Header{Received} =~ xxxx@yyyy.com
STRONG Header{Delivered-To} =~ xxxx@yyyy.com

With these rules the messages with your address in CC or BCC field will be also whitelisted. BCC is widely used by email subscription services, so it makes sense to consider this case too.
Hefty Hippie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Boss, I'll add those too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: