antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Toolbar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
felixaux111

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Toolbar Reply with quote

I have three users on my computer, one for me, my wife and my child.
My wife and I use the bat, and the antispamsniper. But the toolbar only shows in my window of the bat. Installed the antispamsniper in my wifes version of the bat, but the tollbar does not show. Can't find it in the view section eighter. What's wrong?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Toolbar Reply with quote

Most probably you've installed one copy of the plug-in under your OS account, and simply added the installed antispamsniper.tbp to TheBat under second account. The toolbar is added automatically during installation, but you can also add it manually. Log on under second account and run the file InstTB.exe from the plug-in installation directory. The toolbar will appear on the next start of TheBat. You can also simply run the installer once again under second account and it will execute InstTB.exe automatically.
paolo73an

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the toolbar was supported I've never been able to use it on TheBat! since it has never been installed (or maybe I'm not able to see it).
Even with the installation of the latest v1.8.0.7 of ASS, no toolbar has appeared. I even tried to launch InstTB.exe manually, but....no results.
I admit I always install the last release over the previous one.
Infact I'm afraid to loose all the training done so I always back up the folder of antispamsniper with all the .bin and .fm files and then restore it, so I'll have all the trained rules and statistics back.
But no toolbar yet. If someone is so kind to explain how to solve this problem, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
paolo73an

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any help?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paolo73an wrote:
Since the toolbar was supported I've never been able to use it on TheBat! since it has never been installed (or maybe I'm not able to see it).

Are you using TheBat or maybe SecureBat, Voyager? For the last two email clients a toolbar is not added automatically, but you can add it manually using this recipe: http://antispamsniper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=300#300
paolo73an

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
paolo73an wrote:

Are you using TheBat or maybe SecureBat, Voyager? For the last two email clients a toolbar is not added automatically, but you can add it manually using this recipe: http://antispamsniper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=300#300

No, I've always been using TheBat!
Now I'm using the Pro version 3.95.8 and during installation of ASS I've always disabled the option for activating Voyager support. I've neverd had TheBat! Voyager.
Simply no toolbar has appeared even after installation of the latest ASS 1.8.07 and even manually launching the InstTB.exe, no results have appeared.

P.S: I've forgotten to say I use the on-the-fly encryption on my email client...can it be that the problem?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paolo73an wrote:

Simply no toolbar has appeared even after installation of the latest ASS 1.8.07 and even manually launching the InstTB.exe, no results have appeared.

You can add the toolbar manually for TheBat too. It is easy:

- Open Customize dialog (View | Toolbars | Customize...)

- Click on New toolbar... button and create a new toolbar with the name AntispamSniper

- Add the following buttons for it in Layout section:
Mark as Junk
Mark as NOT Junk
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>

- The plug-in will attach the new toolbar automatically.
paolo73an

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
paolo73an wrote:

You can add the toolbar manually for TheBat too. It is easy:...

Ok, successfully managed to buils AntispamSniper toolbar thanks to your instructions.
I hope in the next releases these feature would be automatically implemented....
Anyway, thanks a lot
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paolo73an wrote:

I hope in the next releases these feature would be automatically implemented....

The toolbar is added by modifying a file tbuser.def from TheBat configuration folder (MAIL). Most probably in your case the plug-in was unable to find this file or read/write it's contents. For example, that is possible if the installer and TheBat are executed under different OS accounts.
elephant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="vetaltm"]
paolo73an wrote:

Mark as Junk
Mark as NOT Junk
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>

It doesn't help in my TB (3.5.22 and antispamsniper 1.8.0.8). I still doesn't have toolbar :(
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elephant wrote:

It doesn't help in my TB (3.5.22 and antispamsniper 1.8.0.Cool. I still doesn't have toolbar Sad

The toolbar name is case sensitive. Check that you named it exactly "AntispamSniper".
elephant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:

The toolbar name is case sensitive. Check that you named it exactly "AntispamSniper".

Yeah, I know that is case sensitive. Still doesn't work.

Toolbar is visible, but <any button with icon> is not plug-in button, but as <any button with icon> (e.g. I have selected Forward button as <any button with icon>, so Forward button is displayed)
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elephant wrote:

Yeah, I know that is case sensitive. Still doesn't work.

Toolbar is visible, but <any button with icon> is not plug-in button, but as <any button with icon> (e.g. I have selected Forward button as <any button with icon>, so Forward button is displayed)

The toolbar is a feature of the commercial version of AntispamSniper. Free version doesn't support it.
elephant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:

The toolbar is a feature of the commercial version of AntispamSniper. Free version doesn't support it.

That's explain everything. I have got free version.
scarney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
paolo73an wrote:

You can add the toolbar manually for TheBat too. It is easy:

- Open Customize dialog (View | Toolbars | Customize...)

- Click on New toolbar... button and create a new toolbar with the name AntispamSniper

Mark as Junk
Mark as NOT Junk
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>
(separator)
<any button with icon>

Hi,

i followed these steps, and it worked, BUT. whenever i get new mail/spam the 4 buttons added after Mark as Junk/Mark as Not Junk like to jump around the toolbar or disappear completely. i have to completely close The Bat! to restore them, what the hell is that!. i just purchased ASS and like it, but this is not tolerable and im ready to get my $ back, unless theres a fix for this?.

using The Bat! Pro 3.95.6. Win XP Pro SP2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: