antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

How AntispamSniper works with Voyager?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: How AntispamSniper works with Voyager? Reply with quote

I don't have AntispamSniper yet, but I would like to know how it works with Voyager.
I have all my accounts on a USB driver, under Voyager.
Once a weeks I sync it with my home computer, but other than that, I'm always using a computer that is not my.
So my question is: can I install the AntispamSniper on the USB driver and run from there? Or do I NEED to install it on the PC (registry or other issues)?

Thank you
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntidspamSniper doesn't use system registry. It may be installed on the same USB drive with Voyager and run on any PC. Just turn on the flag "Voyager support" during installation for making it work directly from USB drive.
ehm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound great. Really.
By any chance do you have a speed test on it?
Reason I'm asking is that if I do the same think with another anti spam (popfile), there is a noticeable degration on the speed when working on the HD and when working on the USB
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehm wrote:

Reason I'm asking is that if I do the same think with another anti spam (popfile), there is a noticeable degration on the speed when working on the HD and when working on the USB

Most operations in AntispamSniper are executed in memory and disk IO is reduced to minimum. So there is no noticeable difference in most cases when it runs on HD or USB. The training may be a bit slower on USB, but the speed of classifying messages is the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: