antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

TheBat 3.99.27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: TheBat 3.99.27 Reply with quote

TheBat version 3.99.27 has a bug, which doesn't allow the plug-ins to access the contents of incoming messages. I.e. both filtering and training stop working after installing this version of TheBat. The issue appears only with 3.99.27. It is recommended to avoid installing this version, and rollback to 3.99.25 in case if you have it installed.

Last edited by vetaltm on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

New version The Bat! v3.99.27.2
Code:
ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tbb399272.rar

It seems that solves the problem with the plugins.

Regards
Stuart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaos wrote:
Hi,

New version The Bat! v3.99.27.2
Code:
ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tbb399272.rar

It seems that solves the problem with the plugins.

Regards

I still seem to have problems with this version and 2.7.1.1 of Antispamsniper.
While downloading things seem to freeze up and i have to reboot the computer.
Kaos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have install, at the moment no problem.

The bat v3.99.27.2
Antispamsniper v2.7.1.1
WXP Sp2

Regards
Kaos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version The bat! v3.99.29:
wxx.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/thebat_pro_3-99-29.msi

Regards
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I still seem to have problems with this version and 2.7.1.1 of Antispamsniper. While downloading things seem to freeze up and i have to reboot the computer.

The plug-in generates a considerable UDP traffic during checking sender IPs via DNSBL services. Some firewalls may hang or slow down the system for a while as you described. Try to deselect several services from DNSBL list in plug-in or turn off checking DNSBL at all.
Stuart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Stuart wrote:
I still seem to have problems with this version and 2.7.1.1 of Antispamsniper. While downloading things seem to freeze up and i have to reboot the computer.

The plug-in generates a considerable UDP traffic during checking sender IPs via DNSBL services. Some firewalls may hang or slow down the system for a while as you described. Try to deselect several services from DNSBL list in plug-in or turn off checking DNSBL at all.

I will give it a try. Is this something new, because I have never had this problem before.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Is this something new, because I have never had this problem before.

No. The plug-in checks IPs via DNSBL services in the same way since version 2.0. But I remember that one of the users had almost the same problem. The system became irresponsible because of the high CPU loading during checking headers. Additionally, the issue appeared only in case when there was a multimedia application playing a movie or music in background. The issue disappeared after making some changes in version 2.6.1.5. Perhaps the new problem has nothing common with the fixed one. But it makes sense to check if it relates to checking DNSBLs, because it is the only subsystem that utilizes a lot of system resources.
Stuart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Is this something new, because I have never had this problem before.

No. The plug-in checks IPs via DNSBL services in the same way since version 2.0. But I remember that one of the users had almost the same problem. The system became irresponsible because of the high CPU loading during checking headers. Additionally, the issue appeared only in case when there was a multimedia application playing a movie or music in background. The issue disappeared after making some changes in version 2.6.1.5. Perhaps the new problem has nothing common with the fixed one. But it makes sense to check if it relates to checking DNSBLs, because it is the only subsystem that utilizes a lot of system resources.

I have disabled the DNSBL checking and it seems to be faster now and hasn't crashed in a while. I am now going to try it on a different machine, but when I checked to see if there was a new version of ASS it tells me that I have the current version installed. I have 2.6.1.5 installed not the latest 2.7.1.1 .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: