antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Problem configuring 1.6.2 free filtering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Another1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Problem configuring 1.6.2 free filtering Reply with quote

OK, I'm probably missing something elementary here, but I can't seem to get this wonderful plugin to work at all operationally.

1. I am able to successfully download, run installer, configure plugin.
2. I can select emails to train blacklist or whitelist
3. Statistics show that antispamsniper NEVER RUNS either for new mail or manual refiltering.
4. In the documentation I read references to configuration based on servers yet I do not even see thos option anywhere in the GUI.

So I have an installed plugin that I can train and never runs on mail on my server or locally via manual re-filter.

Background: Single IMAP server with combination of folders that have just headers, headers and text, local folders.

Objective: Filter all new mail inbound (the server also supports POP but I do not wish to use POP) regardless of wheter I keep mail on server or store locally - and then be able to refilter all my archived local mail (10000) messages to clean them up. I can put them in 'inbox' if necessary.

If this product does not work with local folders or IMAP that would be quite unfortunate and I would appreciate a link for a plugin that does support it.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Another1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, in case this is pertinent information

1. I am using simple encryption in the application for storage of e-mail messages and directories (built in)
2. The email logs don't seem to mention anything about antispamsniper.
3. I AM USING A NON-STANDARD DIRECTORY FOR STORAGE OF EMAIL MESSAGES. I get the impression this confuses some add on software even though the application supports it. I put mail in a documents directory path for backup purposes.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem configuring 1.6.2 free filtering Reply with quote

Another1 wrote:

Background: Single IMAP server with combination of folders that have just headers, headers and text, local folders.

Unfortunatelly the plug-in doesn't support IMAP filtering at all. It is a limitation of TheBat, because it doesn't pass any IMAP messages for filtering to the plug-ins.

Another1 wrote:
If this product does not work with local folders or IMAP that would be quite unfortunate and I would appreciate a link for a plugin that does support it.

Sorry, but currently filtering of IMAP messages in plug-ins using the standard ways is impossible. But you can try the other solutions, working as a separate applications implementing IMAP proxy. For example, AntispamServant (http://antispamservant.com) is able to filter IMAP, both normal and SSL connections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: