antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Version Number???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Version Number??? Reply with quote

First of all: Thank you for the work and time you invested into this product. I'm using it for one day and like it a lot so far. I have several suggestions that I might be posting at another time or via e-mail. There is one idea in my mind that makes me think that it could be very helpful. Example: Setting a "start value" for each mail and then looking for keywords, whitelist entries, friends, etc. and make it a ham mail if the "end value" is less than ???

My question (topic name) is: 1.7.0.6 is the most recent, current release but the plug-in when configured within TheBat! is listed as: 1.7.0.7. Is there a mix-up?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Version Number??? Reply with quote

klaus wrote:
I have several suggestions that I might be posting at another time or via e-mail. There is one idea in my mind that makes me think that it could be very helpful. Example: Setting a "start value" for each mail and then looking for keywords, whitelist entries, friends, etc. and make it a ham mail if the "end value" is less than ???

Thank you for the suggestion. But a sequence of filtering stages with a fixed order is used instead of calculating the values as above. This scheme works well enough in most cases and allows avoiding tuning the additional settings.

The order of checking headers:
- Whitelist of friendly addresses
- Exceptions
- White rules
- Black rules
- Black keywords in subjects
- DNSBL

The order of classifying messages on client:
- Whitelist of friendly addresses
- Exceptions
- White rules
- Black rules
- Black keywords in subjects (optionally)
- DNSBL (optionally)
- Statistical classifier for message content

The plug-in applies the filtering methods in the specified order. If on some stage a message is classified as spam or ham, the plug-in omits the rest of stages. This order of methods guarantees the reduction of false positives, because the white methods are executed first. For example, there is no need in classifying the message using black rules if it came from whitelisted sender. Also the filtering works faster when the methods are executed until the first hit instead of applying a full set for each message.

klaus wrote:

My question (topic name) is: 1.7.0.6 is the most recent, current release but the plug-in when configured within TheBat! is listed as: 1.7.0.7. Is there a mix-up?

There was a bug in 1.7.0.6 that was fixed faster than the version numbers on a site Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: