antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Not deleting from server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Not deleting from server Reply with quote

I have it setup to delete messages from server if score is more then 90.

It's not doing it. It's kind of annoying.

What gives?

I am running version 1.7.0.8 (but it has being like this for a while)

TIA
George
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Not deleting from server Reply with quote

axn wrote:
I have it setup to delete messages from server if score is more then 90.

It's not doing it. It's kind of annoying.

What gives?

I am running version 1.7.0.8 (but it has being like this for a while)

The plug-in doesn't actually delete the messages from server if you set an option above in TheBat settings. Deleting messages by their score is executed by email client, after filtering the emails in the plug-in. If you see in log that the messages are classified with a score larger than 90%, but email client doesn't delete them from server, then most probably there is some issue with a version of TheBat you are using at the moment. Everything works properly on TheBat 3.85.03 and lower. Maybe you have turned on "Leave messages on server" option for an account. AFAIK TheBat doesn't delete messages in that case.
axn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I diddn't explain the issue properly.

I mean - the spam does get filtered and goes to my Junk Mail folder on my PC, but it should stay on the server and get deleted there. Like other and most of the other spam. "It should not get downloaded".

It's the same formed spam that is getting trough over and over again.

Sample bellow:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 was the year of the oil company with many of these
companies posting record profits. 2006 has been the year
of alternative fuels with companies involved in this sector
blowing off the charts. This trend shows no signs of
abating.
Our next feature is right in the thick of the high-growth
alternative energy sector and they are doing incredible
things.

AlgoDyne Ethanol Energy

Symbol: ADYN

Current Price: $1.30
Short Term Target: $3.50
Long Term Projected: $10.00

It doesn't take a genius to know why alternative energy is
such a high-growth area right now. Smart traders know how
to watch global trends and seize the moment.

AlgoDyne is where it's at. AlgoDyne has developed a
turnkey solution in their proprietary micro-algae based
process which can produce direct electricity, eco-friendly
fuels, and valuable bi-products.

The company has just hit its sweet spot in the development
phase and is set to release some astounding results. These
revelations are being backed up by a far-reaching PR
campaign.

It is essential to get in early in order to enjoy the
biggest gains. Come Tuesday, December 26th this one will
be rapidly going up to meet our target price!

Do not delay! Win with ADYN!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is their way I can make an adjustment? Like go lower score for the server setting in the Bat config. From 90 to 65?
TB v3.85.02
ASS 1.8.0.1
TheBat is setup to delete emails from the server.

TIA
George
klaus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axn,

you want AntiSpamSniper to check your e-mail and you listed the e-mail body as example. There is NO PROGRAM in the world that can check the e-mail text without downloading. Any AntiSpam software must download the complete text and only then it will be able to process it.

There are a couple of programs that offer to delete mail on the server but they pray on the end-user's misinterpretation of how e-mail filtering is done. They download the entire mail as required for filtering, and then go back to the server to delete it. Practically, they increase your bandwidth more than necessary.

Decrease TheBat's upper limit for deleting but please note that e-mails you deleted are gone and cannot be recovered.
axn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly this is is getting complicated.

I am not sure how better I can format my question.

I just don't want the "same" spam in my junk folder in my PC. It should be eliminated in my pop on the server site "like MOST of the other spam".

The early ASS use to do it - but it was very aggressive. Now it's doing it as well, but it's more relaxed and large number of spam is reaching my PC.
klaus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axn,

it is my understanding that ASS can check/ delete mail on the server by checking the mail headers only and not the entire mail text. In order to check the contents (text), the entire mail must be downloaded and will then be submitted to your e-mail client. If the mail arrives with a mail rating of i.e.: 88, then you must make sure that TheBat! checkbox: "Delete a message if the score is greater than..." is checked and that the score limit is set to less than the rating.

Your previous posting listed the mail text as an example but no reference to the mail headers. I hope that this answers your question.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axn wrote:

I mean - the spam does get filtered and goes to my Junk Mail folder on my PC, but it should stay on the server and get deleted there. Like other and most of the other spam. "It should not get downloaded".

It's the same formed spam that is getting trough over and over again.

The plug-in is able to delete spam from server only by headers. The body is not downloaded on checking headers for saving the traffic. If the body downloaded along with the headers, the mail would be downloaded twice. For deleting repeated spam you can use the following:

1) As Klaus stated above, it is possible to make TheBat delete from server the messages classified as spam on the client.

2) Use black rules and black subject keywords for deleting from server the messages with certain text in headers. For example, if you have spam with repeated words in subjects, then it may be deleted from server without downloading body using the black rule:
Header{Subject} =~ repeated text
For deleting by sender's address:
Header{From} =~ user@domain\.com
and so on.

Using the list of black keywords it is possible to filter a lot of spam with frequently repeated words in subjects. To make it work turn on the filtering by black keywords in corresponding dialog and fill up the list of spammy keywords. A list of black keywords may be edited manually or updated automatically on training the plug-in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: