antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Important mail was filtered as SPAM & was deleted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordian Knot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Important mail was filtered as SPAM & was deleted! Reply with quote

Since I first installed AntiSpamSniper (currently using v2.0.0.3 free) I had enabled the "Delete a message if the score is greater than" option and set the value to 99 (in that way I would avoid any accidental deletions or so I thought...)
Everything seemed to be working smooth until yesterday; I had just registered in a goverment service (Ministry of Economy) and expecting an important reply containing authorization details, user name/password etc.

What happened was this (the following text is taken from the account log) :
Quote:
26/4/2007, 09:23:36: FETCH - Received message from ...@..., size: 4107 bytes, subject: "..."
>26/4/2007, 09:23:36: FILTER - Message from ...@... to ...@gmail.com with subject "..." scored 100, DELETED

I deliberately omitted sender's address & subject, but I assure you there were NO blacklisted words whatsoever,
just "taxisnet" followed by a 9-digit number...
Luckily I managed to retrieve it; I checked the gmail account using my web browser and it was still there in "Deleted items", BUT...
although I moved it to gmail's inbox (this means that it's now tagged as non-spam, right?) the Bat! ignores it Question
I keep getting the "FETCH - 0 messages in the mailbox, 0 new" message.
Any idea how to workaround that? I archive incoming mail in The Bat's inbox ONLY (set the mail management to never leave messages on server)

btw, I've learned my lesson (the hard way) and disabled the message deletion option, NEVER AGAIN
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the message was recognized as spam by some black rule, because the statistical classifier never gives 100 points to the messages, containing at least several good words. You can check the filtering log to see an exact reason and disable the rule if needed.

"Delete a message if the score is greater than" option is too destructive. TheBat deletes the messages with high scores completely, and leaves no chances to restore the good messages, mistakenly classified as spam. The probability of false positives for the well-trained plug-in is low, but always greater than zero. So it makes sense to leave a possibility for restoring the mistakenly filtered messages by having this option turned off.

BTW, the full version of AntispamSniper allows restoring for the good messages, deleted from server by headers. It keeps the copies of deleted messages on server, while the corresponding records exist in filtering log.
Gordian Knot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying vetaltm, here's the filtering log report:
Quote:
Classified as Spam
Reason: Black rule: A lot of white spaces (Subject)
So, I guess it's my fault after all (not configuring the plug-in properly)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: