antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

SPAM not deleted at the mail server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S0CRATES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: SPAM not deleted at the mail server Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm using AntispanSniper 2.0.0.4 (commercial version, registered user) and I have the following problem: The SPAM emails are not deleted at the mail server.
If I use the button "Delete mail on server", AntispamSniper "is doing something". After this, I logged in to my mail accounts at 1&1 (Puretec) using the webmail interface, but a lot of SPAM mails are still there.
Why? What do I have to do?

Greetings from Germany
S0CRATES
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in keeps the copies of deleted messages on the server by default, for allowing undeleting the false positives. The stored copies are invisible for TheBat, but downloadable for all other email clients. You can turn off this feature on the page POP3 of account settings in plug-in. But restoring the messages, mistakenly deleted from server by headers, will be impossible in this case.
S0CRATES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

That's it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I haven't seen this option.

Thanks for the fast reply!
S0CRATES
birno

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

How I want to delete those spam mails, that was filtered on the Bat! program, not on the server by headers?
Is it possible?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birno wrote:
How I want to delete those spam mails, that was filtered on the Bat! program, not on the server by headers?
Is it possible?

You can turn on an option "Delete a message if the score is greater than" on Anti-spam page of TheBat Preferences. But it is not recommended, because you will be unable to restore the messages recognized as spam by mistake. The safe way is deleting spam by selecting "Empty..." from context menu of "Junk mail" folder after reviewing the filtered messages, to make sure that there are no good messages in this folder.
ehm

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
The plug-in keeps the copies of deleted messages on the server by default, for allowing undeleting the false positives. The stored copies are invisible for TheBat, but downloadable for all other email clients. You can turn off this feature on the page POP3 of account settings in plug-in. But restoring the messages, mistakenly deleted from server by headers, will be impossible in this case.

And when those messages will be deleted from the server?
I have that option ON and my concern is that if I don't get the POP3 messages on my server, they will be there forever.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehm wrote:
And when those messages will be deleted from the server?
I have that option ON and my concern is that if I don't get the POP3 messages on my server, they will be there forever.

The copies of deleted messages are deleted with the correspondent log records. You can adjust the duration of storing these copies by changing the maximum size of filtering log. Also you can delete the stored messages manually, by pressing a button with basket icon on filtering log toolbar.
birno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
birno wrote:
Is it possible?

You can turn on an option "Delete a message if the score is greater than" on Anti-spam page of TheBat Preferences. But it is not recommended, because you will be unable to restore the messages recognized as spam by mistake. The safe way is deleting spam by selecting "Empty..." from context menu of "Junk mail" folder after reviewing the filtered messages, to make sure that there are no good messages in this folder.

Sorry, I wrote a wrong question.
How I want to delete those spam mails from the server!!, that was filtered on the Bat! program, not on the server by headers?
I want to do this with the Antispamsniper plugin or just manually with The Bat! "Dispatch mail on server" function?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birno wrote:
How I want to delete those spam mails from the server!!, that was filtered on the Bat! program, not on the server by headers?
I want to do this with the Antispamsniper plugin or just manually with The Bat! "Dispatch mail on server" function?

Please explain more in detail what do you mean here - "that was filtered on the Bat! program"? Are you using selective download feature or the messages stay on the server because of an option "Leave messages of the server" is enabled for TheBat account? By default TheBat deletes the downloaded messages from server immediately. Why the downloaded messages stay on the server in your case?
birno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
birno wrote:

Please explain more in detail what do you mean here - "that was filtered on the Bat! program"? Are you using selective download feature or the messages stay on the server because of an option "Leave messages of the server" is enabled for TheBat account? By default TheBat deletes the downloaded messages from server immediately. Why the downloaded messages stay on the server in your case?

Yes, I choose the "Leave message on the server" option.
The Antispamsniper filtered the message on the server by headers and in the program by the message body, those mails that detect for spam move to the Junk folder.
I want to delete those mails from the server with antispamsniper plugin that was filtered by spam and moved to the Junk folder.
Sorry for my bad english.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birno wrote:
The Antispamsniper filtered the message on the server by headers and in the program by the message body, those mails that detect for spam move to the Junk folder.
I want to delete those mails from the server with antispamsniper plugin that was filtered by spam and moved to the Junk folder.

You can enable an option "Delete message from server when it is removed from Trash" in TheBat account properties (sub-option of "Leave messages on server"). When this option is turned on, TheBat removes from server the messages, which are deleted from Junk and Trash folders. Also there is an option "Empty Trash folder on exit" on Options page of account properties. After enabling this option in addition to previous, all you have to do is empty Junk folder after reviewing its contents.
birno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
birno wrote:

You can enable an option "Delete message from server when it is removed from Trash" in TheBat account properties (sub-option of "Leave messages on server"). When this option is turned on, TheBat removes from server the messages, which are deleted from Junk and Trash folders. Also there is an option "Empty Trash folder on exit" on Options page of account properties. After enabling this option in addition to previous, all you have to do is empty Junk folder after reviewing its contents.

I try this, but the mails sequential number in the Bat! program not correspopnding with the sequential number on the sezver, therefore delete wrong e-mails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: