antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

anti-spam overload my net connetion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: anti-spam overload my net connetion Reply with quote

I have TheBat! email with 12 different e-mail accounts on it. Since I installed AntispamSniper, every time I click to 'Download All', my network resources goes to zero. I can't browser with Firefox or IE, I can't FTP, nothing. The AntispamSniper take all available bandwitch and use it.

To make sure, last Sunday I removed the AntispamSniper and worked couple days w/o it and then I could surf normal when downloading e-mail from all accounts (we are talking about 400/500 e-mails, 95% junk).
Then today I re-install AntispamSniper and try it and the same problem happens.
I do have a DSL 4.5MB, so it's not a week network. I watch full screen movies over the net w/o any problem.

If I download only one account, I still able to surf, but if I try 2 or more, if will not work.

After the download, the network will go back to normal.

Is it a bug, a 'feature' or there is any way to limit the bandwithc used by AntispamSniper?

Thank you
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in generates additional UDP traffic during checking sender IPs via DNSBL services. You can deselect some of the services in DNSBL list to lower the bandwidth usage. If it doesn't help, try to turn off checking messages by headers for some of your email accounts.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try:
netlimiter and cfosspeed

The first one simply limits bandwidth allotted to a certain app.
The second one give priority to certain apps.
Basicly that means TheBat will eat all your network resources unless something else request resources. The the bandwidth for TB gets reduced.

Another solution might be checking email very often. Then teh fetching goes so fast (because you only have a few mails) that it doesn't really hinder your other tasks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: