antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

2.7.1.7 crash the bat! 4.0.14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebatuser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: 2.7.1.7 crash the bat! 4.0.14 Reply with quote

2.7.1.7(pro) crash the bat! 4.0.14 when TB! starts...

2.7.1.7(free) works fine!

XP
Sunbelt Personal Firewall
Avira Antivir
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to turn off the patch protection in Sunbelt for thebat.exe. Kerio product is not just a firewall and most probably the problem occurs because of a conflict with it's internal antivirus.
thebatuser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have turned off the Sunbelt Personal Firewall and the Avira Antivir... TB! still crashes.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any other network filtering applications installed in your system? For example popup/ad blockers, other spam filters. The described kind of problem may occur only because of a conflict with another application, which also filters the network connections or provides a low-level protection for system modules. Please specify also version of your operating system.
thebatuser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Are there any other network filtering applications installed in your system? For example popup/ad blockers, other spam filters.
no, no seperate popup/ad blockers, only as firefox addon, i disabled this, no changes...

Question: why does the free version run and the pro version not?

vetaltm wrote:
Please specify also version of your operating system.
Windowssystem : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Professional Media Center 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Web Browser : Mozilla Firefox 2.00.00.12
E-mail : The Bat! 4.00.14
Firewall : Sunbelt Personal Firewall 4.5.916 T
Antivirus : Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition 7.0.2.126
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Question: why does the free version run and the pro version not?

Free version doesn't filter spam by headers and thereby doesn't filter mail connections. This is the only significant difference in startup sequence that may be incompatible with some third-party software.

I've sent additional message via PM.
starre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Have issues with latest full version also Reply with quote

I updated to the latest version yesterday. Now, it takes about 20-30 seconds to check my email accounts using the Bat. I am using version 4.0.0.22 and the latest Antispam Sniper. I removed it and tried the Free version and everything worked like it used to as far as speed goes.

Basically, when I check email, it starts up but doesn't start checking the accounts. It just sits there for about a half a minute. Then eventually reads all the accounts and processes the mail. This is unacceptable as it was instantaneous in the last version. And of course I am impatient.

If this cannot be fixed, can I get a download link for the last version, since this one does not fill the bill anymore. As I stated, I was using the paid version. And am a registered user.

Thanks,
Chris
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Have issues with latest full version also Reply with quote

starre wrote:
I updated to the latest version yesterday. Now, it takes about 20-30 seconds to check my email accounts using the Bat. I am using version 4.0.0.22 and the latest Antispam Sniper. I removed it and tried the Free version and everything worked like it used to as far as speed goes.

Basically, when I check email, it starts up but doesn't start checking the accounts. It just sits there for about a half a minute. Then eventually reads all the accounts and processes the mail. This is unacceptable as it was instantaneous in the last version. And of course I am impatient.

If this cannot be fixed, can I get a download link for the last version, since this one does not fill the bill anymore. As I stated, I was using the paid version. And am a registered user.

The delay occurs because the plug-in is checking message headers before allowing the email client to download new mail. If the speed of checking messages is more important for you than the quality of filtering spam, you can turn off checking headers in plug-in settings (turn off the checkbox "Check-up the accounts automatically, on receiving new mail" on Servers tab). Alternatively you can turn off checking sender IP via DNSBL (Filtering | DNSBL). This method takes most of time during checking headers, and the plug-in will work significantly faster after turning off this check.
starre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Have issues with latest full version also Reply with quote

[/quote]
The delay occurs because the plug-in is checking message headers before allowing the email client to download new mail. If the speed of checking messages is more important for you than the quality of filtering spam, you can turn off checking headers in plug-in settings (turn off the checkbox "Check-up the accounts automatically, on receiving new mail" on Servers tab). Alternatively you can turn off checking sender IP via DNSBL (Filtering | DNSBL). This method takes most of time during checking headers, and the plug-in will work significantly faster after turning off this check.[/quote]

Thank you.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: