antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

suggestions and a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clauderenaud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

Hi all,

1. As a blind I make intensive use of the keyboard.
So I would like to know if it could be possible firstly to add textual label beside icons present on the top toolbar and secondly to have quick keys to rapidly invoke them as S for search, L for clear log, O for options for example ... ?

2. Could it be possible to add an option to retain the latest filtering sort operation : I often filter messages by status, but each time I close and reopen the antispam log, the sorting createria has gone back to date from latst to oldest... ?

3. I tried to assign a shortcut (alt+f12) to the "delete spam from the server" function but hitting this keystroke does not seem to do something ... what am I doing wrong ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

clauderenaud wrote:

1. As a blind I make intensive use of the keyboard.
So I would like to know if it could be possible firstly to add textual label beside icons present on the top toolbar and secondly to have quick keys to rapidly invoke them as S for search, L for clear log, O for options for example ... ?

It is possible to set the shortcuts for showing the plug-in settings and filtering log on the tab Options. Pressing Ctrl-F in filtering log opens the search window. Also it is possible to start typing a search string in log, and the typed characters will be used as a filter for log records.

clauderenaud wrote:

2. Could it be possible to add an option to retain the latest filtering sort operation : I often filter messages by status, but each time I close and reopen the antispam log, the sorting createria has gone back to date from latst to oldest... ?

The plug-in remembers the sorting order when Shift key is pressed during sorting the log records. It is possible to sort the log by one or more columns by clicking on column headers.

clauderenaud wrote:

3. I tried to assign a shortcut (alt+f12) to the "delete spam from the server" function but hitting this keystroke does not seem to do something ... what am I doing wrong ?

This feature is optional, and in general case it is not necessary to start checking headers explicitly. The plug-in blocks spam by headers automatically, when the email client downloads new mail.
clauderenaud

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

Quote:
It is possible to set the shortcuts for showing the plug-in settings and filtering log on the tab Options. Pressing Ctrl-F in filtering log opens the search window. Also it is possible to start typing a search string in log, and the typed characters will be used as a filter for log records.

Ok. If I want to select all message identified as spam what should I have to type ?

Quote:
The plug-in remembers the sorting order when Shift key is pressed during sorting the log records. It is possible to sort the log by one or more columns by clicking on column headers.

Ok, I will try that ...

Quote:
This feature is optional, and in general case it is not necessary to start checking headers explicitly. The plug-in blocks spam by headers automatically, when the email client downloads new mail.

But hitting this keystroke should effectively delete spam on the server, shoud not it ?
Why nothing seem to occur ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

clauderenaud wrote:
Quote:

Ok. If I want to select all message identified as spam what should I have to type ?

The buttons "Mark as Junk" and "Mark as NOT Junk" belong to TheBat. To set the shortcuts for these buttons use TheBat window View | Toolbars | Customize. Select Shortcuts tab, then double click the items "Main Form" | AntispamSniper | "Mark as Junk" and "Main Form" | AntispamSniper | "Mark as NOT Junk" to set the shortcuts.

clauderenaud wrote:

Quote:

But hitting this keystroke should effectively delete spam on the server, shoud not it ?
Why nothing seem to occur ?

The plug-in writes the results of classifying messages to filtering log. If no items were added during checking message headers, apparently the plug-in was unable to find 100% spam by headers. In this case the messages will be downloaded and filtered by full content next time on checking new mail in TheBat.
clauderenaud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

Quote:
The buttons "Mark as Junk" and "Mark as NOT Junk" belong to TheBat. To set the shortcuts for these buttons use TheBat window View | Toolbars | Customize. Select Shortcuts tab, then double click the items "Main Form" | AntispamSniper | "Mark as Junk" and "Main Form" | AntispamSniper | "Mark as NOT Junk" to set the shortcuts.

Thank for your description about assigning Antispam Snipper in the Bat! shortcuts, but when I said "If I want to select all message identified as spam what should I have to type ?
I mean what I have to type in the log in order to only filter messages identified as spam and nothing else than spam messages ?

Quote:
The plug-in writes the results of classifying messages to filtering log. If no items were added during checking message headers, apparently the plug-in was unable to find 100% spam by headers. In this case the messages will be downloaded and filtered by full content next time on checking new mail in TheBat.

Ok ... understood now ...

Filtering on the status column work perfectly now thanks to the tip you gave me previously, thanks !
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

clauderenaud wrote:
Quote:

Thank for your description about assigning Antispam Snipper in the Bat! shortcuts, but when I said "If I want to select all message identified as spam what should I have to type ?
I mean what I have to type in the log in order to only filter messages identified as spam and nothing else than spam messages ?

When the log is sorted by Status field, the log records are actually sorted by the spam ratio of filtered messages. So when the log is sorted by Status field in descending order, the messages having a high spam ratio are on the top of record list. The messages classified as spam by header come first. Then the rest of messages, downloaded to email client and classified as spam by full content with some spam ratio lower than 100. TheBat moves to Junk folder the messages having a spam ratio higher than the value specified in settings for anti-spam plug-ins. Therefore top log records having a spam ratio higher than this value correspond to spam.

The messages classified by header are blocked on the server, and it is possible to restore the mistakenly blocked good mail by pressing the toolbar button "Restore blocked message" or context menu item "Undelete". The messages classified as spam by full content can be found in the folder "Junk mail".
clauderenaud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: suggestions and a question Reply with quote

Quote:
When the log is sorted by Status field, the log records are actually sorted by the spam ratio of filtered messages. So when the log is sorted by Status field in descending order, the messages having a high spam ratio are on the top of record list. The messages classified as spam by header come first. Then the rest of messages, downloaded to
email client and classified as spam by full content with some spam ratio lower than 100. TheBat moves to Junk folder the messages having a spam ratio higher than the value specified in settings for anti-spam plug-ins. Therefore top log records having a spam ratio higher than this value correspond to spam.

The messages classified by header are blocked on the server, and it is possible to restore the mistakenly blocked good mail by pressing the toolbar button "Restore blocked message" or context menu item "Undelete". The messages classified as spam by full content can be found in the folder "Junk mail".

Thank you for your very detailed explanations and congratulations for your very good and powerful antispam products...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: