antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

HELP BUG WHITELIST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revelli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: HELP BUG WHITELIST Reply with quote

Hi

I don't know why but plenty of mails that usually were OK are now going to the spam filter

They all are on white list (friends). Very strange.

I am with Gmail IMAP and this seems to happens when, I don't know why, antispamsnipper start analyzing old mails on the server (1.000 or more).

At the beginning (when they arrive) mails are filtered correctly but after a while antispamsniper start analyzing everything on the IMAP server and then they are filtered badly

Any idea?

thanks
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is in fields Status and Reason for these messages in Filtering log?
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite strange... On the log file, they are very often qualified as "Classified and learned as Ham". And the reason indicated is: "Friendly address". Sometimes, less frequently, they are in yellow and status is: Classified 49.98%.

I don't understand why they are filtered on the spam folder (INBOX.junk)!!!

The strange thing is that yesterday night I put them manually from the spam folder to the Inbox folder and clicked on the green button "mark as NOT junk" but this morning the messages are again on the spam folder even if they are not qualified as spam!!! It's crazy...
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, on IMAP tab of this mail account I have selected:

- filter messages by header, then by content

- port 993 TLS

- Move a message to the junk folder is the score is greater than 60

- Do not filter these folders: [Gmail]/Spam

On the accounts tab this options are selected:

- block spam by message headers automatically, on receiving new mails
- filter SSL protected connections
- add new accounts automatically
- display checking progress for long operations
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question concerning the windows "antispam sniper: checking headers...". Is it normal that quite often it starts checking all the 1.300 messages on the IMAP accounts?

BTW, I don't know but I often notice 2 process of checking the headers of the same account at the same time. I always noticed that even before this problem. To give you an example: first it start a process and when progress is, I don't know, more than X% then another process of check start for the same account.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revelli wrote:
Quite strange... On the log file, they are very often qualified as "Classified and learned as Ham". And the reason indicated is: "Friendly address". Sometimes, less frequently, they are in yellow and status is: Classified 49.98%.

I don't understand why they are filtered on the spam folder (INBOX.junk)!!!

The strange thing is that yesterday night I put them manually from the spam folder to the Inbox folder and clicked on the green button "mark as NOT junk" but this morning the messages are again on the spam folder even if they are not qualified as spam!!! It's crazy...

The plug-in doesn't move good messages (having spam ratio lower than a limit specified on IMAP tab of accout settings in plug-in). It moves to Junk folder only classified spam. So according to filtering log, there is something else that moves messages. Check the rules in TheBat and Gmail, and also try to change the name of junk folder on IMAP tab and see if the messages are still moved to the old folder or not.
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any the bat filter. Only simple gmail filters which seems to work fine and which are not related to the spam folder.

The name of the junk folder on the imap tab is the default name: Junk

But I don't know why instead of filtering mails to the Junk folder, it filter to "INBOX.junk" folder (INBOX.junk is the name of the folder created by the plugin)
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in moves to Junk folder the messages classified as spam, and always adds appropriate records in Filtering log. If according to log a message is classified as ham, it stays in original folder.
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so?
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I don't understand is why the plugin continuosly scans all the headers of the old 1300 mails on the account instead of scanning only news mails.

I have a lot of imap accounts with gmail and this happens only to this one. And during this (long) scanning the account is blocked. This is normal but what is not normal is that this happens very often because of the scanning of all the mails even the old ones.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revelli wrote:
so?

I've sent additional info via private messages, please check the forum inbox.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revelli wrote:
The thing I don't understand is why the plugin continuosly scans all the headers of the old 1300 mails on the account instead of scanning only news mails.

I have a lot of imap accounts with gmail and this happens only to this one. And during this (long) scanning the account is blocked. This is normal but what is not normal is that this happens very often because of the scanning of all the mails even the old ones.

The plug-in checks only new, unread messages. Mark the mail as read to avoid recurring scanning.
revelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks.

It scans all the mails not only those which are not read
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revelli wrote:
It scans all the mails not only those which are not read

For IMAP the plug-in treats as unread the messages having "Unseen" IMAP flag. It is not necessary that "unseen" messages are hilighted in TheBat, because the flags are server-side attributes.

It looks like the same account is checked from different places, e.g. from different instances of TheBat + AntispamSniper on the same or different computers. This explains why the messages are moved to Junk folder without traces in Filtering log. Also check that there are no duplicates in the list of accounts in plug-in. This is a probable reason of resetting unseen flag for already checked messages.
revelli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true. I check the plugin from different places:

- from my PC with The Bat + antispamsniper. This configuration is always on.

- from times to time from my mobile phone Nokia N97

- from times to times through gmail on the same PC

- from times to times to The Bat (without antispam sniper) from another PC

Do you think that this is the REASON which explain my problem with HAM moved to SPAM folder? How to solve that?

I just sent you by mail a log file

Thanks

carlo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: