antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Statistics Reset [1.6.4]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Statistics Reset [1.6.4] Reply with quote

When I go to the configure->statistics screen and attempt a reset, the statistics do in fact reset, and the 'Last Reset' notice is updated to the current time/date. All appears to be well.

However, after returning to TB!, if I then go back to configure->statistics I find that 'Last Reset' has gone back to some earlier reset time/date. That earlier time and date is also returned by the %ANTISPAMSNIPER_LAST_RESET macro. The statistics themselves, however, appear to still date from the time of my actual last reset.

TB! 3.80.06, Antispamsniper 1.6.4, on W2K SP4.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Statistics Reset [1.6.4] Reply with quote

daveg wrote:
When I go to the configure->statistics screen and attempt a reset, the statistics do in fact reset, and the 'Last Reset' notice is updated to the current time/date. All appears to be well.

However, after returning to TB!, if I then go back to configure->statistics I find that 'Last Reset' has gone back to some earlier reset time/date. That earlier time and date is also returned by the %ANTISPAMSNIPER_LAST_RESET macro. The statistics themselves, however, appear to still date from the time of my actual last reset.

TB! 3.80.06, Antispamsniper 1.6.4, on W2K SP4.

Cannot reproduce the bug. Could you please explain the steps more in detail? Specifically, what do you mean when saying "after returning to TB!"? The symptoms tell that the settings were not saved after resetting the statistics. When I reset the statistics, close configuration window and open it again - everything is OK for me even after restarting TheBat!.
daveg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Statistics Reset [1.6.4] Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Cannot reproduce the bug. Could you please explain the steps more in detail? Specifically, what do you mean when saying "after returning to TB!"?

It may be that there is something here idiosyncratic to my system or my TB! installation, because thinking back I seem to recall that this worked originally.

Be that as it may, here is what is happening. I will use the term 'original time/date' to mean the time/date of the previous reset that you see when entering the config screen, before doing a new reset.

1) Enter the ASS configuration screen via options->preferences-><etc>.
2) Press 'Reset'.
....a) The message counts/error rates all reset to zero.
....b) The 'Last Reset:' message shows the current time/date.
3) Do 'OK' 'OK' to get back to the TB! main screen.
4) Enter the ASS configuration screen via options->preferences-><etc>.
....a) The message counts/error rates are all still at zero.
....b) 'Last Reset' now shows the original time/date!

Same situation if I not only return to the TB! main screen, but actually exit TB! completely, then reenter.
JimKyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Statistics Reset [1.6.4] Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Cannot reproduce the bug. Could you please explain the steps more in detail?
I'm seeing the same behavior here. If I click the reset button, it clears the statistics and shows the current date and time as the last reset date. I then click OK to leave the configuration dialog, and immediately open the configuration dialog again. The last reset date is then shown as Thursday February 5. It's consistent every time. I too am using version 1.6.4. Incidentally, I did not install the Sniper until this month and indeed did not even know of its existence in February; this date is totally bogus for my installation.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a bug indeed. Please, check the latest version of the plug-in: 1.6.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: