antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Virus present in download from Antispamsniper download site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dembrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Virus present in download from Antispamsniper download site Reply with quote

I recently tried to download the latest update from the ASS website, which was indicated as version 3.3.1 in the download list on the website. Strangely the download file is an .exe, which I have not seen before as an upgrade. Also when I click on the 'check for new version' box my existing software reported that the new version should be 3.2.7.1 (my current version is 3.2.6.4).

When I attempted the download my antivirus software (Trend micro Platinum) refused to complete the download citing the presence of a virus.

I then tried the download on another machine, this time running Avira antivirus. This allowed the download but subsequently detected a virus HTML/Iframeinf.A.612.

As you can imagine I did not attempt a further download.

What's going on?

David Embrey
ArekG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just downloaded all three version of ASS (3.3.1.1, 3.2.7.1 and 3.2.7.1 free) and all downloads are OK (my ESET NOD32 didn't report any threats).

Regards,
Arek
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the scan results from virustotal.com:
https://www.virustotal.com/file/3ddca80fafa78e1033cff0f5c24f9e861bd601517b446209c4b5ab92c724db9f/analysis/1330648527/

This is a false positive, other well-known antiviruses detect nothing. You can ignore it or add the file to whitelist. The previous virus definitions in TrendMicro also detected nothing in files, so apparently the false positive appeared only in latest versions of TM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: