antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Not marking messages as read when clicking 'Mark as spam'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timcantss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Not marking messages as read when clicking 'Mark as spam' Reply with quote

When I manually tell AntispamSniper to classify a message as spam by clicking the 'Mark as Spam' button on AntispamSniper toolbar (I'm using TheBat version), the message is moved to the Junk folder but is still marked as unread.

'Mark stored junk mail as unread' option of TheBat is unchecked, as otherwise I will not notice (and have an opportunity to check) new messages automatically classified as spam.

However, I'd like to mark as read those messages that are manually classified as spam. There is no point in leaving them unread: I've already checked them and made sure that they are indeed spam. They do not require my attention any longer, so they need to be marked as read.

I think earlier versions of AntispamSniper behaved this way, but then something has changed. Frankly, this (old) behaviour of the Mark as spam button was the only reason for buying the plug-in for me, as I did not like the fact that TheBat's standard Mark as Junk button did not mark messages as read (and I failed to persuade TheBat's support on this one).

Is there an option that affects this behavior anywhere? If no, is it possible to add?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in (AntispamSniper for TheBat v3.3.x) resets unread flag for the messages marked as spam automatically. If it doesn't work, something is wrong in the used version of TheBat. In this case it is possible to mark the messages as read manually or specify zero interval for the appropriate option in TheBat account settings (Account properties | Options | Mark message as read when it is being read for).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: