antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

How much of resource hog is antispamsniper?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: How much of resource hog is antispamsniper? Reply with quote

Previously I used Norton Antispam with Outlook and the software's demand on my resources discusted me. So I went without any spamprotection on my 5+ accounts, manually deleting the stuff as it came in.

Now I'm just tired of it, and looking for a replacement to Outlook with TheBat, but only if I can find a decent antispam to accompany the client.

Could someone please shed some light on this query?

Thanks....
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How much of resource hog is antispamsniper? Reply with quote

brianh wrote:
Previously I used Norton Antispam with Outlook and the software's demand on my resources discusted me. So I went without any spamprotection on my 5+ accounts, manually deleting the stuff as it came in.

Now I'm just tired of it, and looking for a replacement to Outlook with TheBat, but only if I can find a decent antispam to accompany the client.

Could someone please shed some light on this query?

This is my current statistics:

TheBat 3.85.02

Number of messages in folders for 10 accounts: ~130000

Running TheBat without AntispamSniper: ~29 M in memory
Running TheBat with AntispamSniper: ~31.5 M in memory

However TheBat takes larger memory after opening messages from different folders. E.g. it takes approximately 60 M after searching through all >100000 messages.

The size of occupied memory for the plug-in mostly depends on a maximum number of records in Filtering log and in whitelist of friendly addresses. The other parameters like number of accounts or messages have almost no influence on amount of required memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: