antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Dual boot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezhik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Dual boot Reply with quote

I have a dual boot setup. I'm running MS XP and XP 64 bit with a dual boot menu. I have installed TB on each OS so that I can collect my e-mail when working in either 32 or 64 bit versions of XP.

TB is installed correctly on each OS and it uses a shared folder for the mail directory. This setup works as expected and e-mail collection can be done from either OS.

Now I have the ASS plugin it looks a bit tricky. Can you let me know if there is a correct procedure to enable me to use the ASS when using a dual boot setup like I have?

Thank you
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual boot Reply with quote

ezhik wrote:
I have a dual boot setup. I'm running MS XP and XP 64 bit with a dual boot menu. I have installed TB on each OS so that I can collect my e-mail when working in either 32 or 64 bit versions of XP.

TB is installed correctly on each OS and it uses a shared folder for the mail directory. This setup works as expected and e-mail collection can be done from either OS.

Now I have the ASS plugin it looks a bit tricky. Can you let me know if there is a correct procedure to enable me to use the ASS when using a dual boot setup like I have?

I?ll describe the simplest method.

Install AntispamSniper, one copy for each OS. Then add a plug-in to both copies of TheBat. The plug-in will determine a path to TheBat shared folder and create there the storage for itself automatically. There is only one important thing to remember ? do not install the plug-in into its configuration folder (see why).
ezhik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I followed your advice and it seems to be working correctly in each OS.

Good to have it working correctly on my peculiar setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: