antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Problem with gmail and IMAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebbo76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Problem with gmail and IMAP Reply with quote

I have the problem that The Bat no longer receives emails after a while (IMAP and gmail account).

When I start The Bat everything is fine and AntispamSniper seems to work normally and The Bat receives emails. But after a few minutes, The Bat no longer receives emails and apparently no longer connects to the server (the green arrow, shown when The Bat connects to the IMAP folder, remains forever till I restart the The Bat). Existing emails can no longer be displayed if they have not already been downloaded previously.

As soon as I disable AntispamSniper everything works fine. The SSL certificate is integrated. Any hints?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TheBat doesn't close connection and shows no errors in account log, apparently the plug-in is checking unread messages in IMAP folders. If there are too many unread mails, the process can take a long time. It is possible to see the progress in the plug-in filtering log.

Try to delete all accounts on Accounts tab in plug-in settings and let the plug-in add them again automatically. It can fix the possible issues with invalid domain names in account settings.

If nothing helps, it is possible to disable filtering spam by headers and for IMAP accounts using a top checkbox on Accounts tab in plug-in settings. After that the received mail can be filtered by selecting new messages in IMAP folders manually and pressing "Filter selected messages" on the plug-in toolbar.
sebbo76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I had to disable filtering spam by headers. Not perfect but it works (manually). Maybe you can work on a solution?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: