antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Antispamsniper with IMAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:09 pm    Post subject: Antispamsniper with IMAP Reply with quote

Hi all!

I have some issues in setting up Antispamsniper for IMAP. Maybe somehow can help me.

I set up the IMAP-Account on the Accounts-Tab and the filtering itself works fine. Except for the following:

- Once a SPAM-Message is identified as SPAM from Antispamsniper it is not moved to SPAM-Filder but instantly deleted instead. Any idea how to change that?

- When I manually mark a message as SPAM in the inbox, it gets learned as SPAM by the plugin, but not moved to a spam folder automatically.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Shinz
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- For IMAP protocol spam messages are moved to IMAP folder, created by plug-in on the server. The name of this folder can be changed on IMAP tab of account settings in plug-in. If the folder is not displayed, it is necessary to synchronize the list of IMAP folders.

- TheBat is responsible for moving the messages marked as spam. It is necessary to enable the checkbox "Move messages marked as junk to the Junk folder" on Anti-spam tab in TheBat Preferences. Note that in this case the messages are moved to a local folder "Junk mail", created by TheBat.
shinz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick answer!

I found the IMAP-Folder with the JUNK mail. I could have thought of that. Smile

But still, when I mark an email as spam, it's not moved to any SPAM-Folder, even if I check the boxes in the "Anti-Junk-Plugin"-Tab on the The Bat! preferences.
I also noticed that those emails won't appeare as "learned as SPAM" in the logfile.
In the POP3-accounts I have in the same installation of The Bat! / Antispamsniper it works perfectly fine.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to mark a message as spam using the item "Mark as Junk" from TheBat context menu, or using menu item Specials | Mark as Junk. If the message is not moved and doesn't appear in Filtering log, apparently something is wrong with the structure of TheBat account.
shinz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!
Thanks a lot, now it works perfectly. Just used the "mark as spam" from the context menu and now it also works from the toolbar.

Impressed by your quick support!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: