antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Missing Received Headers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for Outlook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpriest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Missing Received Headers Reply with quote

I've been wondering for months why incoming email was missing all received headers.

Turns out that if I uninstall antispam sniper for outlook, the headers don't go missing any more.

Is this a feature I can turn off or what is causing this?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in doesn't remove any headers. It only adds one Received field to the messages classified by headers. It is possible to turn off this on Accounts tab in plug-in settings, checkbox "Block spam by message headers automatically...".
cpriest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried turning off that feature as well as unchecking the "Filter SSL protected" and "Add new accounts automatically".

Then restarted outlook and sent a test message, all received headers are gone still.

Just to confirm, I disabled antispam sniper for outlook, restarted outlook and sent another test email and the received headers were no longer missing...
cpriest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to triple check, I disabled *every other extension* and did another test, headers still are removed...
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plug-in doesn't remove any headers.
cpriest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to tell you, but it is removing the headers somehow.

It only happens if your plugin is running, even if your plugin is the only one enabled...

It does not happen when your plugin is not enabled, even if I have every other plugin enabled.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to analyze the issue using debug build of the plug-in:
http://antispamsniper.com/dl/ol/sniper-ol-3.2.6.9_dbg.exe

This version additionally generates log files in the plug-in's configuration folder. The exact path to configuration folder is in section "Configuration folder" on Options tab of the plug-in settings.

The generated log files have extension *.lst. Please install the debug version over existing, try to reproduce the problem, then send the generated log files to support@antispamsniper.com.
cpriest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, will do, thank you.
cpriest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Either the debug version has changed the situation or what I thought I had tested is not accurate.

Testing some other things before sending over the logs. It seems now that Auto-Mate is somehow involved, even though I swear I tested this (with standard OL Sniper only).

If I have gone to File -> Options -> Add-Ins and unchecked all com add-ins, is there any chance that an unchecked add-in there still has any ability to muck with things?

For the moment I have turned off all of my Auto-Mate rules and it seems all tests are coming through fine (with debug version of OL Sniper installed). I'll update the post as I find more...
cpriest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, definitely AntispamSniper.

I've tested various scenarios now, no plugins, with some plugins, with/without automate. In all cases, if Antispam Sniper is not enabled there is no problem. If Antispam Sniper is enabled the headers are removed.

I'm not certain but I think it may actually even mess with emails 'already received' while Antispam Sniper was disabled and once enabled it messes with ones already received (presumably on scan).

I'm mailing the debug log you mentioned right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for Outlook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: