antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Filtering gmail IMAP account with OAUTH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: Filtering gmail IMAP account with OAUTH Reply with quote

When a gmail account is setup to use OAUTH in The Bat what settings should be used in Antispamsniper to have it filter my Junkmail?

Under the accounts tab I have the account set up using the password but none of the email to that account are filtered out.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OAUTH authentication is supported in latest build 3.3.4.9, which is not yet released. It is the only difference from previous build. Please let me know if it works properly in your case:
32-bit build:
http://antispamsniper.com/dl2/3.0/sniper-mui-3.3.4.9.exe
64-bit build:
http://antispamsniper.com/dl2/3.0/sniper-mui-3.3.4.9_x64.exe
Stuart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Filtering gmail IMAP account with OAUTH Reply with quote

I don't see any options to setup OAUTH.

Also when I started this version I get a new account created that just says
/imap.gmail.com with no account listed. It has no user name or password set and it is set to Port 993.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Filtering gmail IMAP account with OAUTH Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I don't see any options to setup OAUTH.

There are no additional options.

Stuart wrote:
Also when I started this version I get a new account created that just says
/imap.gmail.com with no account listed. It has no user name or password set and it is set to Port 993.

The user name is not available with OAUTH. So there will be a single account with empty name in plug-in for all OAUTH accounts on each IMAP server.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a version with more correct implementation of filtering for OAUTH connections, taking in account the user login.

32-bit build:
http://antispamsniper.com/dl2/3.0/sniper-mui-3.3.5.0.exe
64-bit build:
http://antispamsniper.com/dl2/3.0/sniper-mui-3.3.5.0_x64.exe
Stuart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Filtering gmail IMAP account with OAUTH Reply with quote

OK, that seems to have solved my problem. One thing though. The spam that gets moved gets Marked as Read even though I have the set to not mark as read.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Filtering gmail IMAP account with OAUTH Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
One thing though. The spam that gets moved gets Marked as Read even though I have the set to not mark as read.

The options on Anti-spam tab in TheBat preferences affect only POP3 accounts. IMAP spam moved to junk folder is always marked as read/seen by the plug-in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: